Residenza Rurale

Le Arcate

AgriRistoro

 Home        Where we are        Accomodation        Photo Gallery        Around        The Territory        Contact       Educational Farm

Some Notes on Sipicciano (municipality of Galluccio Caserta)

 

This walled village situated a few kilometers from Galluccio. It is a village with houses arranged in clusters and balconies on the plain of the Garigliano and the Gulf of Gaeta. On a clear day the views and breathtaking to the Pontine islands. The territory has been inhabited since prehistoric times, thanks to numerous sources and fertile soil. The area was inhabited by an Italic people: The Ausoni - Aurunci. Purposes of further planning through the rationalization of the road and centuriazione, ravaged ager and medium-sized country houses were built with the aim also to control the traffic and the commercial area. Remains of a polygonal terracing of a country house of the second century BC were used as the base of the church of S. Bartholomew (characterized by the bell wrapped in shiny green ivy). At the church building is kept a pressario old Roman, who as a companion piece to another, on the face of a walled house in the clearing away of Martoni. The Roman origin of the place seems to be documented by the same name in 1308 in a mention of an ecclesia S. Maria de Sipizano. In the fief of Galluccio, so named for
 being in possession of the noble family of Galluccio (XII). Ferrante of Aragon in 1480 under the estate was given to Fieramosca, then subsequently to the Velvets. Under Charles of Bourbon in 1734 there was a huge increase in population on economic development than other areas in the United Sipicciano Galluccio had with other districts of its further urban development around the churches of S. Mary and S. Bartholomew. In late 1700 and mid 1800 Sipicciano was crossed by liberal ideology through the Dress Uniform. After 1861 it was involved in the robbery unit post. In fact, the forest was a haven for bandits Vallemarina Tommasino, Peace, War and Fire. The phenomenon of brigandage took off from the reaction of southern peasants and lower classes to the loss of the limited economic benefits guaranteed by the feudal system Bourbon (including the usufruct of the common grazing), the robbery will also be developed by introducing the rebellion charges taxation and conscription by the Italian state. At this widespread discontent joined the Bourbon  propaganda, promoted by the former king Francis II, supported by the clergy and international legitimacy. Difficult was the period during World War II because of the Gustav line in this area of ​​Cassino. The town despite the changes of natural and human still retains its character as a walled town. As we cross the little old town, we observe the creation of external ramps in all volcanic rocks. The evidence of the Renaissance as the window on a Mountain accompany us along the route. The window whose Orni and decorated with rectangular frames which are placed within the rosette with four petals with a central button. All around the buildings of the rural nobility reworked in different times, have covered loggias, balconies, porches and doorways of discrete compositional style. Impressive for its size Great Palace Zarone. As a Mountain Mansion is equipped with a chapel, which belonged to Galdieri. In places Folchi, near the sink is the Palazzo De Petrillo, with double loggia on the main floor and the upper arches of the first floor are lobed. The parish church is

 Enclosed by a square dominated by a century-old linden tree, the church has a simple fašade with a portal trilithic rebuilt in 1675 a Jubilee year in which there is a frame over which a large window. The tower is divided into four orders framing arched openings fund. The interior has an altarpiece in the chancel in 1600. Some merit to the statues of St. And marble of St. Bartholomew Sano. At the center of the ceiling a painting depicting the triumph of the Virgin. On July 26, the patronal feast is celebrated in honor of St. Anna.
The area is rich in natural products such as wine (Galluccio DOC), oil, porcini mushrooms and chestnuts (both traditional food products).

The manifestations, the most visited of the Campania Region, held in the village are "Tiempi belli re na vota" the eco-museum of rural culture Alto Casertano (first weekend in August) and the Chestnut and Porcini Mushroom " (first weekend in October)

 

Le Arcate - Sipicciano di Galluccio (CE) Italy Tel/Fax +390823 925496 - +39333 5210761  info@learcate.eu - Facebook: Casale "Le Arcate"